Wednesday, October 6, 2010

When tomorrow comes and I don't wake up, 

will you love me just as much?
Even though I can no longer speak, or caress
you with a gentle, loving touch.
Would you sometimes think you saw me
in a crowd or heard me call your name?
I guess what I'm asking is "Would our love
for each other still be the same?"
I would hope that you might shed a tear
or maybe even two or three.
In memory of all the love and tenderness
that was shared between you and me.
But please don't let your grief take over
and completely rule your life.
If you can find someone who loves you
as much as I do, then take her to be your wife.
For I don't want you to be lonely and I will
understand that you need someone
And it will not change the love we shared
since the first day it all begun.


No comments:

Post a Comment